The Experimental Centre for Cinema – Lombardy
hosts the first MEDIA Salles “Cinemamondo” Jury
project has been launched by MEDIA Salles to analyze, for the
first time in Italy, the viewing habits of the immigrant population.
The initiative also includes educational activities for young people.
The first phase, which has just concluded in Milan, with the collaboration
of CFP Vigorelli, involved the Liceo Marconi, the Istituto Schiapparelli
and the CFP Paullo. Objective: to make young people more aware of the
cinema as a means of getting to know and compare different cultures.
Hence the title of the workshops: “Faraway, so close! The world
gets together in the cinema”.
The Foundation of the Experimental Centre for Cinema is the most important Italian institution to provide teaching, research and experimentation in the field of cinema, taken in its widest sense: films, documentaries, fiction and animation. Amongst its goals are the development of the art and techniques of cinematography and audiovisuals to a level of excellence, through two distinct sectors of the Foundation: the National Film School and the National Film Library. The National Film School, founded in 1935, has its headquarters in Rome, with a three-year course in acting, scriptwriting, set design, furnishing and costumes, photography, sound engineering, production and editing. It has two other branches: the Piedmont Centre, based in Chieri near Turin, founded in 2001, with the Advanced School of Specialization in the Arts and Crafts of Animation (three-year courses) and the Lombardy Centre, based in Milan, founded in December 2004 thanks to an agreement between the Foundation of the Experimental Centre for Cinema and the Lombard Regional Authorities, the European School of Fiction, the European School of the Cinema Industry and the Academy of Digital Craft, with the objective of cultivating new talents in television fiction, commercials and Cinema for industry.
FilmVideo 2007 is organized by the Montecatini Film Association (whose President is Giorgio Sabbatini), with the support of the Pistoia Province and its Culture Town Council, of the Tuscany Film Commission, of Montecatini Terme and its Entertainment Town Council, of Montecatini Terme’s Tourist Board (APT), of the Italian Republic’s High Patronage and with the Carlo Collodi National Foundation’s sponsorship.
The other sector of excellence belonging
to the Foundation of the Experimental Centre for Cinema
is the National Film Library, set up in 1949, which
conserves Italy’s film heritage and deals with the conservation,
expansion and restoration of the works, using the works to the best
effect and promoting this cultural heritage both in Italy and abroad.
In over half a century of work, the Film Library has built up a collection
of over 75 000 copies, ranging from silent films to sound,
from fiction to documentaries, including the masterpieces of Italian
c/o Agis Lombarda
Piazza Luigi di Savoia, 24
Tel. 02 6739781
Direct line: 02 67397823
Fax: 02 6690410